English version Russian version
CAT+PTT/CW version 1.3
USB Soundcard Transceiver Interface
Please contact us for model availability.
MixW RigExpert Tiny website - news, information, driver updates.
The drivers files are located on the supplied disk. They are also available in zipped format:
The driver installation procedure is similar for installing other computer devices and is described in details in this section.
Now browse for the drivers directory. This should be X:\Drivers\ (where X is the drive letter of your installation disk) or the directory you have unzipped the files to. Clock OK to continue.
Click Next when you see "The wizard found a driver for the following device: MixW RigExpert Tiny CAT+PTT/CW" message.
In the Completing the Found New Hardware Wizard window, click Finish.
Please repeat the steps described above when Windows finds MixW RigExpert Tiny subdevices.
As a result, you will see a new pair of serial ports in the Device Manager (right-click My Computer on the desktop, select Manage from the menu, select Device Manager from the list on the left side of the window, then open Ports (COM&LPT) branch on the right). On of these new ports is a CAT port, and the other one is PTT/CW port.
The port numbers are assigned automatically. To change their values, right-click on the one you want to change (still in the Device Manager) and select Properties from the menu to open the MixW RigExpert Tiny Serial Port (COMx) Properties dialog. Activate the Port Settings tab, then click Advanced. In the newly-open Advanced Settings for COMx dialog, select a new COM Port Number. (Please take into account that some software can only work with COM1...COM8 ports, other is limited to COM1...COM4.)
Important: To avoid Windows serial device enumaration (which may cause unexpected PTT or CW output activation) please keep the Serial Enumerator box unchecked in the Advanced Settings for COMx dialog (see above).
To uninstall the driver, please go to Control Panel (Start button - Settings - Control Panel). Click Add/Remove Programs icon. Select MixW RigExpert Tiny CAT+PTT/CW Drivers from the list and click Change/Remove button. It is necessary to unplug the device during the uninstallation procedure.
(almost the same)
(almost the same)
The MixW RigExpert Tiny device is a tiny box with pre-wired cables on both sides for computer and transceiver connection. For simplicity, it contains no switches or other adjustment elements.
The LEDs (light-emitting diodes) on the top cover let you know what is going on at any time, helping to set up the software and to make sure everything is working properly.
|A||Blinks when CAT data is sent from computer to transceiver.|
|B||Blinks when transceiver replies a CAT command.|
|CW||CW output indicator|
|ON||Device power indicator|
There are few settings that have to be done (or verified) in the software once the MixW RigExpert Tiny device is plugged in (see Interface models) and the drivers are installed.
- In the sound card software, select a sound card the device is connected to (some programs can only work with so-called preferred sound card, which is selected via Control Panel, so there a no such a selection there).
- Set up input and output volume using Windows Volume Control. This procedure is well-described in various documents and publications, and is better done when the whole system is set up.
- In the software, select a CAT port to match the MixW RigExpert Tiny Serial Port number which appears in Device Manager (see the driver installation procedure).
- Set up baudrate, stop bits and parity parameters according to your transceiver manual.
- For Icom transceivers, check the CI-V address to correspond the one inside the transceiver.
- RTS and DTR behaviour is not sighnificant, since MixW RigExpert Tiny does not use these lines at CAT port.
PTT and CW outputs
- In the software, select a PTT/CW port to match the MixW RigExpert Tiny Serial Port number which appears in Device Manager (see the driver installation procedure).
- Set RST line to match the PTT output.
- Set DTR line to match the CW output.